Careful handling of personal data is very important to us. Personal data is therefore carefully processed and secured. We hereby adhere to privacy law. BigSpark BV, based in Nijmegen, is the controller for data processing (hereinafter: BigSpark) on the following websites and apps. In this privacy statement, we explain which personal data we process and for what purpose.
If you have substantive questions about this privacy statement, or about the processing of data (request for access, change or delete), you can go to:
Categories of personal data
We can collect personal data in the following ways:
- Personal data that you provide to us:
- Information that you enter in the contact form on the website (or ‘tip the editors’) or when you send us an e-mail; Hereby the personal data provided by you is processed, such as your first and last name and e-mail address, telephone number and the content of your communication with us.
- Data is processed via our Werkenbij section for applicants (Homerun); Hereby the personal data you provide is processed, such as your first and last name, e-mail address, date of birth, place of residence, motivation, and CV. This data will be stored for a possible other suitable position in the future after your permission for a maximum of 2 years after the application process has been completed.
- In order to respond to published articles, your first, last name and e-mail address will be processed when creating your account. We use Disqus for this.
- Subscribe to a daily and/or weekly newsletter; Your first, last name and e-mail address will be processed. For this, we use MailChimp, which processes personal data such as IP address, browser and e-mail client type to improve their performance.
- Personal data that we receive from partners for which you have given an explicit prior permission to these partners. This concerns your gender, transaction data, and demographic data.
- Personal data through the use of our websites and apps: when you visit our websites or use our apps, information is processed that focuses on user behavior and the analysis thereof. We also process data such as IP address, location data, which browser you use and which device, which pages you visit, which advertisements have been shown and which advertisements you have clicked.
Purposes of processing
We can process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Implementation and improvement of our services;
- Continuously analyze and improve the quality and accessibility of our website;
- To protect our systems and prevent fraud;
- To give you the opportunity to apply with us and to conduct and handle the application process;
- To send our newsletter, offer, user information, service message or other electronic messages;
- To contact you when you have asked our help, have requested information or have a tip for us;
- To perform your participation in competitions;
- To post comments;
- To improve our online marketing campaigns;
- For relationship management and marketing;
- For compliance with legal obligations and court orders.
If you contact us yourself, we process your data to be able to handle your questions or comments. To use your data to send you newsletters or to be able to show advertisements, we or our partners ask for your explicit permission, for example, because you sign up for it. Newsletters always have an unsubscribe link with which you can always withdraw your consent.
We can also process your personal data because we have legitimate interests, such as guarding our financial interests, being able to offer the best possible service, preventing fraud and protecting our systems.
Under 16 years old?
If you are younger than 16 and you give us permission to process your personal data, your parents or your legal representative must also give permission.
We use services from third parties, which can, therefore, have access to your personal data. Consider, for example, our software supplier with whom we send our mailings. We can also provide your information to third parties when:
- You have given explicit permission for this in advance;
- It is necessary for the proper functioning of our websites;
- We receive an order to that effect from the competent authorities;
- We receive a complaint from a third party about your response whereby we cannot reasonably doubt the accuracy of that complaint, and the submission of this information is the most appropriate way to handle the complaint.
Third party websites
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to this website through links. We cannot guarantee that these third parties will handle your personal data in a reliable or safe manner. We recommend that you read the privacy statement of these websites before using these websites.
Transfer to third countries
The following parties that process personal data and with which we do business are located outside the European Union:
- Email software (MailChimp)
- Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Disqus)
- Web analytics tool (Google Analytics)
- Advertising network (Doubleclick)
An adequate level of protection is guaranteed since these parties are located in the United States and have linked to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
You can get a warning in your browser if a cookie is placed; you can also completely block the placement of cookies. However, you may not be able to use all parts of the website.
View our cookie statement here with more information about cookies and their use on this website.
Storage of personal data
BigSpark will not process your personal data longer than necessary for the purposes it has stated in this privacy statement. Below we mention the specific retention periods and/or criteria with regard to a number of processing operations:
We use strict security procedures for collecting personal data, including to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to this data or from losing the data.
View and change your data
You can request to view, change or delete your personal data. You have the following rights:
- Insight into the precise personal data we hold about you and what we do with it;
- Correcting errors if your data is incorrect;
- Removing personal data if they are incorrect or no longer relevant;
- Object to a certain use, such as the use of your personal data for direct marketing.
To file a complaint
If you believe that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to submit a complaint to the regulator. This is called the United States Data Protection Authority. On autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl Learn how to file a complaint.
Privacy statement changes
BigSpark can adjust its privacy statement if there are changes. We always post the amended privacy statement on our websites. We, therefore, recommend that you read this regularly.
This privacy statement was last amended on January 29, 2019. Consult our general terms and conditions and cookie statement for more information.